Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day ~Lest We Forget

It is good that there is a holiday set for remembering.  It is easy to go about our daily lives enjoying the many freedoms this country has to offer without thinking about all the miracles and sacrifices that have brought those blessings to us.  So on this Memorial Day I'm giving thanks to all the patriots who have stood to defend America, all those heroes who have given the ultimate in freedom's cause, and all the families that love them.



To the Family of A Fallen Hero
 I have no words to bring him back,
No words to fill the void.
I have not words to stop your tears,
No words to bring back joy.
I have no words to take his place,
No words will replace your loss.
I have not words to share your pain,
No words to count the cost.

I do have thanks for his valiant service,
A grateful heart for what he’s done.
I have hope that his life has made a difference,
That freedom will be won.
I have faith in his love for you,
His country, and his God,
And I know one day you’ll be together,
United in another realm above.

 Written deepest gratitude,
Darcy Nutter




No comments: